Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Author Interview- Michael Lorde

I'm happy to announce this weeks author interview is with Michael Lorde. Glad to have you stop by here at The Writing World. 



1. Please tell the readers a bit more about you.

I was born and raised in a rural town in upstate New York. When people hear I’m from NY, they think of a Bronx accent and NY city; but New York is a large state and I’d never been to the city until a year ago. I was raised in farm country, and no one in upstate New York speaks with a New York City accent.
A little about your self `ie your education Family life etc.
I’m a prior law enforcement officer and detective. I have four children, three who are now adults and I’m a single parent to my 10 year old daughter. I’ve been employed in other fields as well- marketing, management, and I’ve also worked as an admissions director at a college. Writing is my first choice, though, and now that my older children are adults I can finally pursue it. As far as me personally, I’m a firm believer in giving back and paying it forward. The greatest thing about people is their humanity and I really love people.

2. What types of books do you write?

I write psychological Thrillers, Science Fiction and fantasy.  I crave thrilling stories so I'm most happy when writing in these genres.


3. Who's your main audience?

I’d have to say that it really depends on the book.  Blind Veil is for readers who enjoy a harsher read, and by that I mean on that’s not a soft romance.  If you enjoy oddities, strange occurrences and like to be scared and thrilled, then you’ll like Blind Veil.  I’m working on the second Blind Veil book and it’s due to be released before Christmas.   The second series is a fantasy series and that’s geared more toward readers who want a softer read, though it is also thwart with excitement and adventure.  That book would be  YA book, except for one very needed chapter, so it’s also for an adult audience, but yet, not as scary, for the most part anyway.  I also have a children’s book that will be out in a couple of months.  That’s an anti-bullying book for elementary school kids.  I’m hoping that the books lesson will stick in the kid's heads, before they reach the major bullying years during middle school and high school.


4. When it comes to writing- what are your strong points? What are your weaknesses?

I’m really self critical, so I’ll do my best to answer this.  I think my strength is to keep the reader’s attention, at least I hope it is.  I, myself, like to read books that keep a carrot dangling overhead, so hopefully my writing style has that affect on my readers.  I know my weakness.  Edits.  I can’t stand them


5. What do you think of this term- Writer's Block? How do you overcome it?

Hopefully I will never have to answer that question.  Blind Veil is my debut book.  The words usually come to me pretty easily.  I feel fortunate.


6. How many books have you written?

I've written many stories, throughout my lifetime, but these are the first that I've pursued publishing.

7. How many are published?

One.  That number will be three by the end of the year.


8. Are you self published or traditionally published?

I'm self published.


9. What's the hardest part of the writing process for you?

No matter how much writing I get done, it's as if my fingers can't keep up... and I'm a fast typist.  That’s probably the hardest thing for me to do, is to tear myself away from a book in progress.  But as a single parent I’m glad to, in order to be able to spend time with my kid.  I have three adult children, and a ten year old daughter who is much more interesting than any book.   Unfinished projects have always bothered me though, so I work hard to get things completed in a timely manner.    

10. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I love thrillers, espionage, conspiracy theories, science fiction, suspense, paranormal, mysteries, crime dramas.


11. Who's your favorite Author?

If I were forced to choose (which is nearly impossible) I'd have to say Tolkien, King, and Baldacci.


12. What's your all time favorite book?

I've always love Tolkiens, though I can’t pick just one.








Video Teaser Trailer for Blind Veil:
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
facebook fan page:

Twitter: 
or @BlindVeil  on Twitter

Blind Veil is also available at-
Barnes and Nobles:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blind-ve...blind+veil

facebook order page:




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...