Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Author Interview: Carola Kickers

Carla Kickers





Interview:

1. Please tell the readers a bit more about you.
My name is Carola Kickers and I´m also writing under the pen-name Carol Grayson. I live in a small town in Germany near the Dutch border. I've been writing since my earliest youth.

2. What types of books do you write?
Mostly dark fantasy and mystery novels and short stories, but also crime novels and stories for children. Some of them are published as books others as audio stories. The biggest project is the Jason Dawn Series published as E book serial. See http://jasondawn-luxaeterna.blogspot.com/

3. Who's your main audience?
I think most of my readers are female, aged 14+. Some of them are only interested in my vampire stories others do also like the "normal" fantasy stories as well.

4. When it comes to writing- what are your strong points? What are your weaknesses?
Well, I enjoy developing new worlds, first in my brain and then put them to paper. I stick to a story until it´s ready, even late at night. My weakness is that I can easily be distracted (that´s why I like writing when people are sleeping :-)).

5. What do you think of this term- Writer's Block? How do you overcome it?
I put that story away and continue with another one. I think. it´s useless to concentrate on a thing that keeps you stuck on one point. Another trick is to not to write. Read an interesting book instead that catches your attention. Sometimes, when you finished reading your brain is free again for your own story.

6. How many books have you written?
Since 2007 about 10 in different genres.

7. How many are published?
Also 10 and several short stories in anthologies and as audiobooks.

8. Are you self published or traditionally published?
I´m traditionally published but with small publishers only. They are not doing much promotion so I think about self-publishing as well.

9. What's the hardest part of the writing process for you?
I don´t know. For me, writing is a flowing process and like water it´s overcoming all obstacles.

10. What type of books do you enjoy reading?
I love crime novels, thriller and mystery stories. Now and then also a romantic book.

11. Who's your favorite Author?
I don´t have any and I like to discover new talented writers. I´m reviewing books in my blog as well. See http://carolgrayson-darkromance.blogspot.com/

Thank you once again for your time and your efforts!
Carola 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...