Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Author Interview: Jerry Fogarty

Welcome to this weeks addition of our Author Interview. Today, I'd like to welcome Jerry Fogarty author of Nick West and the Curse of the Haunted Island.



1. Please tell the readers a bit more about you.  
 I live in the small town of McAdoo, Pa, the town where I grew up and like most people I dream of the day when I can move somewhere warmer.  Back when I was in high school, in my tenth grade English class, we always had to write the ending to the stories that we read from the text book.  I always came up with a cleaver way to kill off the main characters causing the class to roar with laughter.  Growing up, I’ve always had an overactive imagination and it seems that it carried over to my adulthood.  I came up with the idea for my first book, Nick West and the Curse of Haunted Island, when I was at work one night.  I began brain storming and a few days later I began to write it.  It began as a horror story about a group of teenage kids, who go to an island and get hacked apart by a pirate skeleton, and surprisingly developed in to an action/adventure/sci-fi story that’s suitable for just about any age group.  From then on, the ideas haven’t stopped popping into my mind.  In my spare time, when I’m not working or writing, I like to hang with my dog, work on my 1986 Corvette that I’m restoring, and catch a movie or two.

2. What types of books do you write?   
I like to write action/adventure, sci-fi, and horror.

3. Who's your main audience?   
13 years and older.

4. When it comes to writing- what are your strong points? What are your weaknesses?   
I would have to say my strong points are character creation and the research I have to do move the story along.  My weaknesses would be dialogue, grammar, and detailing up the scenes, but I’m happy to say the more I’m writing, the better I’m getting at these.

5. What do you think of this term- Writer's Block? How do you overcome it?   
Writer’s Block is a myth.  I call it “Getting Stuck” and I overcome it by clearing my mind, turning up some Jimmy Buffett, and relaxing.  Sometimes if I work on another project it helps, as well.  But it’s not always that simple, the one time I was “Stuck” for a few weeks.

6. How many books have you written?   
Currently, I have written four books and I’m working on three more.

7. How many are published?  
 One so far.

8. Are you self published or traditionally published?   
Self published as of the moment, but I’m looking into getting traditionally published.

9. What's the hardest part of the writing process for you? 
Finding a company that likes my stories and is willing to publish them.

10. What type of books do you enjoy reading?  
 Generally, I like anything written by Stephen King, but I’m hooked on the Cane Chronicles written by Rick Riordan, but I read any types of horror, action/adventure, sci-fi, and some young adult.

11. Who's your favorite Author?  
 I would have to say Stephen King.

12. What's your all time favorite book?   
 Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

You can find out some more information about me and my first book, Nick West and the Curse of Haunted Island, on my website www.nickwestadventres.com.  There is a link on my website to buy my book through the publisher and you can also find it at Amazon.com, Parable.com, and just about anywhere online that sells books. For more updates, become a fan of Nick West Adventure on Facebook.


Thank you Jerry for stopping by and we look forward to hearing of your future works as well. Thanks for coming over.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...