Friday, March 16, 2012

The Power of Balancing

As some of you may know, I solely take care of this blog. Yep, that's right. This blog is ran by me and only me. Therefore, I wanted to share with you the ways I balance everything that pertains to writing within my life. Not only do I run this blog but I also do quite a few things that sort of wrap into my blog life.

I am a writer. Yep, that's right. I am currently editing my book, Silenced. I've been working on this piece for about four years. I've had my ups and downs with it. I went through periods where I absolutely loved the work I had written and periods where I though it was nothing but crap. But what author doesn't go through this at one point or another.

As you can see, I offer to review books for other authors too. So, in addition to keeping up with my blog schedule and writing my book, I read others work as well. Thus, keeping me rather busy. (Not to mention that I'm a mom and I'm also in the process of planning my wedding.) So, you might say I have a full plate.

But how do I manage to keep up with all of this? (A question I've been asked many times.) Well, I'm going to answer this question right now. The key to all of this is Balance. I make time for each important task that needs done every day. I run my life on a schedule.

One key to writing well is to write every day. Even if it doesn't pertain to my book or my blog. I write. No a day goes by where I don't write something.

Self discipline plays a good role here as well. I ground myself to my reading chair when there's a book that needs read and reviewed. I ground myself to my writing area when it comes time to edit another chunk of my book.

Do you have any tips on balancing out writing with the rest of life??

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...