Sunday, February 17, 2013

(Review) Baby by J.K. Accinni

Title: Baby
Author: J.K. Accinni
Format: Paperback
Pages: 147

Description:

A deeper, darker E.T. A tear jerker featuring the love of an alien creature and the lives he touches.

The series "Species Intervention #6609" spans two hundred years, encompassing tender love between divergent species, political downfalls and violence of unspeakable order. It is an unfortunate tale of Armageddon and the despairing hope of redemption.

In Baby, Netty is a naive teenage farm girl given in marriage to an older brutal opportunist disguised as a successful citizen during the years of Prohibition in Sussex County, New Jersey. After years of enslavement, Netty flees into the night from her rapist husband, traveling back to the farm worked by her parents, where she rescues an unfamiliar damaged creature she finds in a cave in the woods of her childhood, falling in love with the enigmatic creature she names Baby. Together they find happiness and fulfillment despite the changes to Netty's body wrought by the proximity of the unusual creature.

When a handsome Italian stranger comes into Netty's life, complications ensue as she falls in love while trying to hide the bizarre and wondrous changes to her farm and her body. Netty, Baby and Wil strive to conquer obstacles thrown in their path by life, succeeding wildly until the heart-rending and astonishingly brutal climax to their story.

Review
 **** (4 Stars)

When I got Baby, I wasn't sure if I would like it because of the cover art. I'm really not one for a Sci-Fi type book. As I began reading I felt pain for Netty because of her life as a slave to her husband. As the book progressed and Baby was introduced, I loved the little guy for cheering up Netty and the same with Wil when he came into the story.

The plot was well thought out but I had a little bit of a hard time connecting with the characters. There were times I had difficult following along because of the different writing styles I came across within the book. I did enjoy the plot because it's unique. Baby takes the reader on a journey where love, pain, and happiness are abundant.

I enjoyed reading Baby and finished it quicker than I thought I would. I suggest giving Baby a try because it's easy to enjoy after putting aside the issues within the plot and characters. I plan on reading Echo, the second book within this series next. I recommend giving this one a try.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...