Thursday, November 14, 2013

(Review) I Will Carry You by Angie Smith

Title: I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy
Author: Angie Smith
Format: Kindle
Pages: 224

Genre: Christian Living > Women's Issues


Description:

 In 2008, Angie Smith and her husband Todd (lead singer of the group Selah) learned through ultrasound that their fourth daughter had conditions making her “incompatible with life.” Advised to terminate the pregnancy, the Smiths chose instead to carry this child and allow room for a miracle. That miracle came the day they met Audrey Caroline and got the chance to love her for the precious two-and-a-half hours she lived on earth. Upon receiving the original diagnosis, Angie started a blog (Bring the Rain) to keep family and friends informed of their journey. Soon, the site exploded in popularity, connecting with thousands who were either experiencing their own heartbreaking situations or simply curious about how God could carry someone through something so tragic. I Will Carry You tells the powerful story of a parent losing her child, interwoven with the biblical story of Lazarus to help those who mourn to still have hope—to find grace and peace in the sacred dance of grief and joy.





 
5 Stars
*****


I discovered Audrey's story when I lost my daughter, Dakota. For the past few months, I have been mainly interested in reading books written by people who went through the loss of a child. As soon as I began reading, I couldn't stop. Audrey's story touched me. I absolutely love the Bible references within this book and the Faith written within the words. As I was reading this, I have to say that Angie opened my eyes to different aspects of our loss.

I was very touched spiritually while reading this book. I believe now that God had a purpose for Dakota and used her to bring me closer to him for a life plan he has for me. I believe his plan for me is to help others who are going through the same thing I did. As I read Audrey's story, it helped to to reflect back on my own written story of my angel baby. I couldn't believe how similar they were but yet, they were so different. I am one of those parents who was thrown into the grief and I didn't have the time to prepare myself or my daughter. This book has helped me form the words I needed to answer some of the questions my daughter has asked. Angie has made me realize that it is okay to say, "I don't know" and not feel like I was letting her down.

I couldn't help but comparing I Will Carry You with my own published book, Saying Goodbye Without Saying Hello. I felt like another side of the story was being told. I want to say that this book will help those who are lost after they have experienced the heartbreaking event of child-loss and it'll help those who haven't gone through it to understand.

I believe there is so much more to this story and it's a message to those who question their own Faith. I must say that after reading this, I picked up my Bible for the first time in months and began reading it. So, a HUGE thank you goes out to Angie Smith for sharing her story. 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...